Here are some tactics from both a global scientific and a natural health perspective that I am sure you already know about:
- “Act as if you already have coronavirus” so that you keep away from others.
- Don’t touch any surface while out, or person, then touch your face.
- Don’t go into airless rooms or close, small airconditioned buildings where there is a known case because microdroplets of virus linger in the air for 14 hours just from someone talking, they don’t have to be sneezing.
- If you are asymptomatic and can’t get a test, just self-isolate.
- Stay home, stay safe, save a life.
- 98% of all infections are mild, therefore those people can ride it out at home.
- Practice all the careful hygiene and hand-washing steps.
- While out you can wear facemasks but gloves not necessary, if you follow with handwashing. Unless you are working, of course.
- Clean door handles, product packaging, clothes, and hair as they could pick up an infection. There is a lot more to decontamination than you first thought. So realise, that droplets will land on anyone, or anything.
- Keep your throat and nasal passages clear
- Take regular exercise daily, deep breathe, drink plenty of water
- Fortify your immune system, and take natural health remedies to keep healthy.
New Zealanders, refer to: https://covid19.govt.nz/
I believe that for some people, each standpoint can be proved right. Since the purpose of my blog is to post articles about alternative treatments, I share here some tips and strategies that have helped a few people. (* these strategies may not cure, but they could become the difference between turning a mild case into a serious one). But it will be an individual choice whether you take up this advice as herbal and natural remedies cannot be scientifically proven.
There were many false theories floating around the internet, but I found these two were helpful:
1. You should “decontaminate your clothes, hair, purchases, and disinfect house surfaces after going out each time, because the virus attaches to hair and clothes and remains live on surfaces for many hours, some surfaces for MANY days:”
2. Clear mucus early, while it is still in the nose and throat. The virus sits in the throat or sinuses for 3 days, before it works its way to the lungs. They say you should try to flush out the virus at this time, by moistening the nose mucus to clear it out.
Moisten Dryness and Transform Phlegm.
The Importance of the Mucous Membranes in Our Airways
In order for any virus to infect the throat, sinuses, airways or lungs it must first pass through or enter the body through the mucous membrane. It is the first barrier to infection; the immune system is the second line of defence. There are two routes for COVID-19 to enter the lungs and cause serious damage. The primary route is through the respiratory tract, the other is through the gastrointestinal tract.
Water is critical to the health of the mucous membranes.
- Take well-known immunity fortifying supplements, Vitamin C and Zinc, and probiotics
- Herbal teas and tonics etc as a preventative. (see my links below)
- For gastrointestinal health, contact homeopath for specific treatments
- For stress and emotional and mental crisis support order NZ answer to Rescue Remedy
- Exercise has been said to protect against complications of covid19.
- Keep up your water intake to ensure no dehydration occurs.
For some people, natural remedies have been found to shorten or lessen the intensity of colds, even though they might not entirely cure. We are yet to find out if it can help against Covid19.
Whether symptoms are nil or mild, we should be doing all we can to build our health and immunity up, to ward off what we can.
And there was also another article about parasite treatment being a possible source for research. There are now hundreds of trials going on in the race to provide treatment or vaccines for Covid-19.
Until a miracle cure or vaccination is produced for the public at large, seek the official channels for medical advice as it could turn fatal.
What you can do if you have it:
I have just watched a video from USA – Chris Cuomo, who had the virus. He was told to drink lots of water, stretch and raise arms and legs doing what exercise he could, even though it hurt, and to hold his breath for 10 seconds regularly, even though it hurt to do so. This was to break through the grip of covid19. And he said it worked. He is better now.
Keep healthy by keeping active and going for fresh air walks (if allowed out). When you return home, follow protocols if you have touched anything while outside.
See the Green Goddess website for protective herbal teas.
HERBAL TEAS TO HELP DISLODGE MUCUS
Green Goddess writes about Marshmallow Root Tea (Althea officinalis). We drink this healing tea every day and have now added Liquorice Root, Mullein and Fenugreek to our tea cupboard.
These teas are important at this time as they help to dislodge dry mucus at an early stage. Once you have a thinner, looser mucus it is much easier to remove it by coughing. This selection of teas once steeped create mucilage which helps to do this.