Here are some recommended tactics to minimise catching Covid 19:
We have to take steps to remain safe in the community. If you are around people, wear a mask and opt to stay in the fresh air wherever possible, because moving air disperses microdroplets quicker, they are more likely to fall to the ground than when in enclosed spaces. And in enclosed spaces, be aware that microdroplets can linger in the air for 14 hours just from someone talking, and contaminated surfaces can remain contagious for weeks afterward, even frozen food packaging. This is probably what happened at Americold NZ, which caused the resurgence of Covid. Therefore you have to clean down and sanitize surfaces very carefully.
When you cannot avoid going to enclosed spaces, social distance, track, sanitize, and check that the air is being refreshed and well-circulated in the buildings you have to frequently go to. Avoid both airless unconditioned rooms and unmonitored air-conditioned buildings where possible. Shelve your plans for holidays, its not safe to fly.
It has recently come to light that a person can catch covid and become infectious after just 6 hours of being exposed to it. And it takes just 60 hours before it starts destroying the lung tissue. And children carry a bigger payload of the virus than adults, therefore far more contagious, even though they may exhibit no symptoms. So if they catch covid at school they will go on to spread infection across the community as soon as they step out from school.
- When out of the house: Wear a mask, keep 2 meters away from others, sign into the Covid Tracer App, and sanitize your hands wherever you go.
- Don’t touch any surface while out, (or person), then touch your face.
- Take care you don’t handle the front of your own mask, then touch your face. Dispose of them, then wash hands. Or wash hand-made masks daily.
- Don’t go into airless rooms or air-conditioned buildings without a mask.
- If you think that you are asymptomatic and can’t get a test, just self-isolate until you can get a test.
- Be extra careful around school children who may have become unwitting carriers.
- Stay home, stay away from others, save your life.
- If you think you have a cold, phone your doctor; try to get tested.
- Be prepared to go to quarantine quarters if you find out that you have Covid.
- Always practice preventative hygiene and hand-washing steps.
- Gloves necessary if you are working with people, or working in public areas where there is surface to people exchange.
- Wipe your door handles, purchases, wash clothes, and hair like you are dealing with contamination – its better to be safe than sorry.
- Remember droplets can linger / land on anyone or anything and stay for days.
- Keep your throat and nasal passages clear.
- Daily use of Listerine mouth wash or similar, and in particular within 6 hours of being out in public as it is known to kill the virus.
- Mozzie Spray has been found to be a good killer of viruses on surfaces.
- Take regular exercise daily, deep breathe, drink plenty of water
- Fortify your immune system, and take natural health remedies to keep healthy.
Official information for New Zealanders, refer to: https://covid19.govt.nz/
- By 21st May we hit the 5 million case milestone.
- 26th June, it reached 10 million cases.
- By 20th July, we hit 15 million and within 2 weeks, it rose another 3 million, to 18 million.
- At 1st September, we were at 27 million.
- At 23rd September, we approach 32 million, and 1 million deaths.
- At 26th October, we approach 44 million infections and 1.160 million deaths
- At 30th November, we pass 63 million and 1.465 million deaths.
- 99% are supposedly affected mildly.
- According to WorldOmeters website – in the 213 countries infected, the total “closed cases with an outcome”, there was a 4% death rate, and 96% recovering. Then in November, the death rate was 3%.
How Covid enters the body
Alternative health sources I have researched, say that the virus sits in the throat for 3 days before it goes deeper to the lungs, so you can try to do things to “deter” its progression while it is still there. i..e Listerine mouthwash.
Moisten Dryness and Transform Phlegm.
The Importance of the Mucous Membranes in Our Airways
In order for any virus to infect the throat, sinuses, airways or lungs it must first pass through or enter the body through the mucous membrane. It is the first barrier to infection; the immune system is the second line of defence. There are two routes for COVID-19 to enter the lungs and cause serious damage. The primary route is through the respiratory tract, the other is through the gastrointestinal tract.
Water is critical to the health of the mucous membranes.
- Take well-known immunity fortifying supplements, Vitamin C and Zinc, and probiotics
- Herbal teas and tonics etc as a preventative. (see my links below)
- For gastrointestinal health, contact homeopath for specific treatments
- For stress and emotional and mental crisis support order NZ answer to Rescue Remedy
- Exercise has been said to protect against complications of covid19.
- Keep up your water intake to ensure no dehydration occurs.
For some people, natural remedies have been found to shorten or lessen the intensity of colds, even though they might not entirely cure.
Whether symptoms are nil or mild, we should be doing all we can to build our health and immunity up, to ward off what we can.
The race is on:
What you can do if you have it mildly:
I watched a video from USA – Chris Cuomo, who had the virus. He was told to drink lots of water, stretch and raise arms and legs doing what exercise he could, even though it hurt, and to hold his breath for 10 seconds regularly, even though it hurt to do so. This was to break through the grip of covid19. And he said it worked. He recovered.
Keep healthy by keeping active and going for fresh air walks (if allowed out). When you return home, follow protocols if you have touched anything while outside.
See the Green Goddess website for protective herbal teas.
HERBAL TEAS TO HELP DISLODGE MUCUS
Green Goddess writes about Marshmallow Root Tea (Althea officinalis). We drink this healing tea every day and have now added Liquorice Root, Mullein and Fenugreek to our tea cupboard.
These teas are important at this time as they help to dislodge dry mucus at an early stage. Once you have a thinner, looser mucus it is much easier to remove it by coughing. This selection of teas once steeped create mucilage which helps to do this.