It’s been a world-changing, momentous time we have been going through since March, so I hope you’re doing well and staying safe throughout this challenging time.
Personal protection is paramount. Covid is dangerous to all people, all ages. While you are around people, stay in the fresh air as often as possible, as air disperses microdroplets quicker, they more likely fall to the ground than when in enclosed spaces. Luckily in NZ we do not have any cases of community spread, but that could change at any given time.
Here are some tactics from both a global scientific and a natural health perspective that I am sure you already know about:
- “Take precautions as if you already have coronavirus” so that you keep 2 meters away from others.
- Don’t touch any surface while out, or person, then touch your face.
- Don’t go into airless rooms or close, small airconditioned buildings where there is a known case because microdroplets of virus linger in the air for 14 hours just from someone talking, they don’t have to be sneezing.
- If you are asymptomatic and can’t get a test, just self-isolate.
- Stay home, stay safe, save a life.
- Where infections are mild, ride it out at home.
- Practice all the careful hygiene and hand-washing steps.
- While out, wear facemasks but gloves not always necessary if you follow with handwashing. Unless you are working, or if you have to go in the midst of public areas where there is concentrated community spread.
- Wipe door handles, product packaging, wash clothes, and hair
- Droplets can linger / land on anyone or anything.
- Keep your throat and nasal passages clear
- Take regular exercise daily, deep breathe, drink plenty of water
- Fortify your immune system, and take natural health remedies to keep healthy.
New Zealanders, refer to: https://covid19.govt.nz/
By 21st May we hit the 5 million case milestone. By 26th June, it reached 10 million cases.
By 20th July, we hit 15 million and within 2 weeks, it rose another 3 million, to 18 million. 99% are supposedly affected mildly. 55% of those infected people are recovering. According to WorldOmeters website – in the 213 countries infected, the total “closed cases with an outcome”, there was a 6% death rate, and 94% recovering.
Symptoms: It has become evident that there are other early warning signs than just getting flu symptoms, i.e. loss of sense of smell and taste, or getting conjunctivitis.
And foot lesions, rashes. Some people have these symptoms without it getting serious, and for others, it happens just prior or during a more serious turn. And later on, people are supposedly getting better but they can suffer permanent organ damage. In some studies
Asymptomatic spreaders represent up to 50% of community spread. Therefore, because you don’t know if you have it, you have to fall back on the “Act Like you Do Have It”, and stay away from contact.
We are very lucky being isolated in NZ surrounded by water and closed travel borders, and are finished with most alert level restrictions. Like every other country, we will economically suffer, but saving lives over saving the economy had to come first. We are entering a new world order, where people will be rightly placed before profits, whereby leaders will have to cater to respecting lives or be voted out. Our NZ Prime Minister has shown exemplary leadership.
“There were two routes for COVID-19 to enter the lungs and cause serious damage. The primary route was through the respiratory tract, the other was through the gastrointestinal tract.”
Too little is known, to say that once the virus enters the lungs there is nothing you can do to stop its progression.
Alternative health sources I have researched, say that the virus sits in the throat for 3 days before it goes deeper to the lungs, so you can try to do things to “attempt” halt its progression while it is still there.
I believe that for some people, that may not help. Since the purpose of my blog is to post articles about alternative treatments, I share here some tips and strategies that have helped a few people with cold and flu. (* these strategies may not cure, but they could become the difference between turning a mild case into a serious one). But it will be an individual choice whether you take up this advice as herbal and natural remedies cannot be scientifically proven.
1. You should “decontaminate your clothes, hair, purchases, and disinfect house surfaces after going out each time, because the virus attaches to hair and clothes and remains live on surfaces for many hours, some surfaces for MANY days:”
2. Clear mucus early, while it is still in the nose and throat. The virus sits in the throat or sinuses for 3 days, before it works its way to the lungs. They say you should try to flush out the virus at this time, by moistening the nose mucus to clear it out.
In Green Goddess website article
, they said – Hear what Chinese herbalists had to say about the nature of the lung congestion
. -They said to do this:
Moisten Dryness and Transform Phlegm.
Here is an excerpt from a very important article written By Dr. Michael Murray
, one of the world’s leading authorities on natural medicine. You can read the rest here: IHERB website
The Importance of the Mucous Membranes in Our Airways
In order for any virus to infect the throat, sinuses, airways or lungs it must first pass through or enter the body through the mucous membrane. It is the first barrier to infection; the immune system is the second line of defence. There are two routes for COVID-19 to enter the lungs and cause serious damage. The primary route is through the respiratory tract, the other is through the gastrointestinal tract.
Water is critical to the health of the mucous membranes.
My suggestions that I add here are:
- Take well-known immunity fortifying supplements, Vitamin C and Zinc, and probiotics
- Herbal teas and tonics etc as a preventative. (see my links below)
- For gastrointestinal health, contact homeopath for specific treatments
- For stress and emotional and mental crisis support order NZ answer to Rescue Remedy
- Exercise has been said to protect against complications of covid19.
- Keep up your water intake to ensure no dehydration occurs.
For some people, natural remedies have been found to shorten or lessen the intensity of colds, even though they might not entirely cure. We are yet to find out if it can help against Covid19.
Whether symptoms are nil or mild, we should be doing all we can to build our health and immunity up, to ward off what we can.
If you are immuno-compromised or feel that you have a common cold coming on, I believe that drinking plenty of water, taking saunas, Multivitamin supplements, Vitamin C megadoses, combinations of zinc, or olive leaf extracts (eg Viralex) and probiotics, digestive enzymes, herbal tonics and teas, can help to ease discomfort, boost your immune system and strengthen you against infections. I don’t suggest taking all of them, just the ones that you intuitively think will suit you, or contact a naturopath for their advice.
Manuka Honey is another example stated as having anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties which help to inhibit viruses.
There is a very effective natural parasite and worm killer I use regularly, it seems to kill all bad gut bugs.Its supplied in a homeopathic drops format. I also use pre and pro- biotics.
I mention this, is because covid19 enters the gastrointestinal tract.
And there was also another article about parasite treatment being a possible source for research. There are now hundreds of trials going on in the race to provide treatment or vaccines for Covid-19.
For scientific updates, latest news and discoveries regarding vaccines and cures, follow Hashem Al-Ghaili
on Facebook (like 32 million other followers.) It really does give us hope.
What you can do if you have it:
I have just watched a video from USA – Chris Cuomo, who had the virus. He was told to drink lots of water, stretch and raise arms and legs doing what exercise he could, even though it hurt, and to hold his breath for 10 seconds regularly, even though it hurt to do so. This was to break through the grip of covid19. And he said it worked. He is better now.
Keep healthy by keeping active and going for fresh air walks (if allowed out). When you return home, follow protocols if you have touched anything while outside.
Keep social distance from others, boost your immunity, keep hydrated, as water helps to flush out toxins, and make sure your nose is cleared of mucus. If you are getting a sore throat gargle with salt water. Talk to someone if you are getting stressed or lonely or overwhelmed.
If you follow these prevention steps, and come out the other side as a victor, then I celebrate your success.
Recommended natural health articles:
See the Green Goddess
website for protective herbal teas.
Must read: Iherb website
for very important information about which herbs to defend against viruses.
HERBAL TEAS TO HELP DISLODGE MUCUS
Green Goddess writes about Marshmallow Root Tea (Althea officinalis). We drink this healing tea every day and have now added Liquorice Root, Mullein and Fenugreek to our tea cupboard.
These teas are important at this time as they help to dislodge dry mucus at an early stage. Once you have a thinner, looser mucus it is much easier to remove it by coughing. This selection of teas once steeped create mucilage which helps to do this.
FIND OUT MORE
This blog is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment or medical advice. Content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. Please consult with a physician or other healthcare professional regarding any medical or health-related diagnosis or treatment options. Information on this blog should not be considered as a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional. The claims made about specific products throughout this blog are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.