- Art Teacher from Texas Elementary School Makes Dress Featuring Her Students’ Drawings – Take A Look!
There’s a beautiful article about an elementary school teacher who wore a dress that her students doodled on. It has been trending on social media because one, she looks amazing in the dress and two, she did it as a source of inspiration for he
- To My Friend’s Kids: I Love You Like You’re Mine
As a working mom, it wasn’t until I lost my job that I realized how separate my life was from my kids. It was a very unsettling feeling when I took on the role of full-time mom. When I dropped my children off at school that first day, I felt th
- Metallica Donates €250,000 To Help Build First Children’s Hospital Of Its Kind
Heavy metal band, Metallica, has donated €250,000 (over $278,000USD) to help build the first Romanian pediatric oncology hospital and commemorate their return to the eastern European nation after 20 years. All Within My Hands, Metallica’s
- Thousands of Fires Have Ravaged the Brazilian Rainforest – Some In Areas Where Deforestation Has Spiked
Smoke Darkens the Sky Fires in Brazil’s Amazon Rainforest are burning so rapidly that smoke is darkening the sky above São Paulo. The city is more than 1,700 miles away from the burning rainforest. Images emerging on social media show the sky
- Victory! Delaware Becomes The First No-Kill State For Shelter Animals
Nation’s First No-Kill Animal Shelter State Delaware has just made history as the United States’ first no-kill state for animals in shelters. The Best Friends Animal Society, an organization committed to ending shelter euthanization, announce
- A Must-Read For All Parents: Mom Describes How Her Son’s Brain Works
Love it or hate it, one of the fundamental parts of being a parent is the tough talk about love and sex. You know the one: The “where babies come from” talk. While it might feel embarrassing to talk to your kids about this, it’s important.
- Malawian Teen Taught Himself How To Build A Windmill From Junk, Brought Power To His Village – All Learned From Library Books!
In 2014, a young Malawian man named William Kamkwamba walked down the aisle alongside his classmates, receiving his diploma from Dartmouth College. At 27 years of age, he was perhaps a little older than many of his peers, but he’d lived a lot o
- Rhino Poachers Eaten Alive By Lions On South African Game Reserve
Three would-be poachers were likely eaten alive after being attacked by a pride of lions in Sibuya Game Reserve in July of 2018. Set on 30 square miles, Sibuya is one of the most popular reserves in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. Authorities b
- 7 Behaviors That Keep People Stuck in Toxic Relationships
We are relational beings and even if we enjoy our own company, there comes a time when we need to be in the company of others. When we value our relationships, we take all the necessary steps to make them work. However, there are times when our o
- Playgrounds For Older Adults Increase Physical Activity and Decrease Loneliness
It’s not uncommon to see children’s playgrounds sprinkled throughout neighborhoods. They provide a place for both parents and kids to get out of the house, play, exercise, and build community. Many cities are now expanding upon this concept a